Pursuing All Remedies In Bicycle Accidents
At the Law Office of E. Gregory M. Cannarozzi in Oradell, your injury is taken seriously. Your claim is aggressively pursued to cover all medical and care costs, including lost income, and pain and suffering. For over 30 years, attorney E. Gregory M. Cannarozzi has provided assistance to injured cyclists throughout New Jersey and New York.
Common Injuries In Urban Bike Accidents
Bicycles are a wonderful, pollution-free way to get around the city. However, because of the high-density population, bicyclists are exceptionally vulnerable to inattentive drivers. Children are of course most vulnerable, but even the most adept and aware cyclist has little or no defense when it comes to a reckless or distracted driver.
Because of their vulnerability, many injuries are possible. The most common being:
- Head and brain injuries, including deep wounds, lacerations, concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Facial lacerations, disfigurement, lost teeth and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries that can include paralysis
- Breaks and fractures – hands, wrists, ankles, legs, jaws and knees
Attorney Cannarozzi has had a distinguished legal career and is a noted attorney for personal injury matters. He champions the rights of victims to seek and receive maximum compensation and has attained the results that reflect his acumen and determination.
Seven Causes Of Bicycle Accidents In New Jersey And New York
Most accidents between a vehicle and a bicycle are caused by the driver of the vehicle. Typically, drivers are either doing something they should not or failing to do something they should. This is negligence, and it is the basis of all personal injury lawsuits. There are many actions or inactions that cause serious injuries. The seven most common are:
- Driving too fast, either over the speed limit or too fast for the road or weather conditions
- Distracted driving, either texting, eating, looking for something or concentrating on phone maps or music
- Driving in the designated bike lane
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Following a bicycle too closely
- Drunk, drugged or drowsy driving
- Failing to follow traffic laws
When a vehicle strikes a cyclist, at any speed, the cyclist can suffer life-threatening injuries. After a serious accident, the cyclist can lose mobility and function either temporarily or permanently. Injuries can prevent a person from being able to work and provide for themselves or for their families.
An Attorney With Proven Legal Skill In Serious Bicycle Accidents
If you are wondering whether you have a personal injury claim, speak with attorney Cannarozzi. You can discuss the circumstances of your accident and better understand your rights to seek compensation. Call 201-897-3855 or connect via website contact email. Attorney Cannarozzi offers a free accident assessment to bicycle accident victims.